Sunday, October 18, 2009

Flu

Edward has had a fever on and off for the past week but we thought it was just due to teething. On Thursday night, however, his fever was very high and wouldn't go down, even with ibuprofen, so we took him to the doctor. It turned out he had the seasonal flu (not H1N1). The doctor prescribed him Tamaflu, told us to alternate between Tylenol & ibuprofen to keep his fever down and to keep him hydrated.

Taylor had the flu last week too. We don't know if Taylor got it first and gave it to Edward or if Edward got it from daycare and gave it to Taylor. I got a flu shot so hopefully I won't get it too!

He is doing much better today. We think the worst of it was Thursday night and Friday. He is staying home from daycare again tomorrow though just to be safe. His 6 month well baby check happens to be tomorrow too so I will update the blog with his status and weight/height stats tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Catherine I love your log here. I think Edward looks like Taylor in the last pictures.

    ReplyDelete