Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Swear Jar

Taylor and decided to start using a swear jar. And so we wouldn't end up like the people in this commercial, we are giving the money to charity. I decided to make my own swear jar. First off, I printed off what I wanted on the jar on regular paper using 72 pt Arial font. Then I taped it to some masking tape on top of a cutting pad.




After I cut out the stencil with an exacto knife, I stuck it to the jar. This stencil choice was very complicated. It would have been way easier and faster to cut out if I would have used simpler characters.


After the stencil was securely in place, I painted on some Armour Etch that I got at Hobby Lobby. I let it sit for exactly 60 seconds because I didn't want it to eat through the tape since I should have used a vinyl stencil. (Oops!)


Voila! As you can see, there was some bleeding on some of the edges and the etching isn't even in all the places but it's fine if you don't get too close. That is one classy swear jar. (And yes, I know that's an oxymoron.)

No comments:

Post a Comment